- environmental sustainability, including climate change
- planning and development that serves the residents of the council area
- information technology
- transport, especially public transport
- energy including demand management and energy efficiency
- social justice issues
- local democracy to serve local residents.
Charles stood for election in September 2017 following the retirement of Pauline Tyrrell, who retired after three terms as a councillor in Canada Bay. (See Pauline’s record of achievements here.)
Since Charles Jago joined the Canada Bay Council in 2017, he has worked consistently to represent the residents of this area. He has opposed motions for excessive development, supported local heritage, and supported improvements to emissions targets and waste recycling.
Charles Jago was Deputy Mayor in 2018/2019. He chairs Council’s Environment Advisory Committee, and is the nominated councillor for library matters.
Successful motions Charles has introduced in Council (most unanimously) include:
- Declaration of a climate emergency
- Support for marriage equality
- Divestment of Council investments to banks which do not lend to fossil fuel projects.
- Electric car charging facilities in all new large residential developments.
- All future Council energy purchases from 100% renewable energy providers.
- Better Council reporting on trees removed on private land.
Charles’s academic qualifications include Certificate IV in Assessment and Workplace Training (TAE 40110), Bachelor of Arts (major in Social Psychology) from Macquarie University and Master of Business Administration (Computing) from Charles Sturt University, Diploma of Project Management, Diploma of Finance and Mortgage Broking Management.
Email: use our Contact form
Telephone: 0403 902 613